Happiness banner

Happiness banner

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My take on HalloThanksMas

This morning while scrolling through Facebook, I came across the hundredth complaint I've seen so far this year about stores putting out Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving...radio stations playing Christmas music ALREADY!!...people putting up their trees and decorating their houses and yards...how disgraceful and disrespectful...why is Thanksgiving skipped over, not as important...back in my day...and on and on.

Honestly, it makes me a little sad.  This is such a wonderful time of year, from Halloween through New Years, yes, they are each their own unique and meaningful holiday, but they are strung close together, a full season of expectation, joy, food, family, and giving.  Why would you let such a small thing upset you, let it take away a piece of your joy and in turn. the joy of the people around you?

My family always starts decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.  That's just how we do it.  That being said, there is very little that I love more than Christmas.   I love everything about it, enveloping the world in warmth and love, my heart sings.  And though I would love to decorate earlier or all year round ; ),  I don't, because traditions are very important to us, and honestly, prepping for Thanksgiving is enough to do!

I guess my point is, does having a Christmas tree in your living room make your Thanksgiving table less meaningful?  Do twinkle lights take away the love of family and friends around that table or far from home?  Do we forget our blessings by hanging some jingle bells?

So, if you think it's too early for carols, change the station, while you may not want to shop or decorate before Thanksgiving, there are many who do, how about we spread some joy instead of complaining, put some merry in that moping, and...


                                        Make It Count

No comments:

Post a Comment