Happiness banner

Happiness banner

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Giving Family Tree

As the Christmas season draws to its close, I always feel a little sad to pack away all the decorations and lights. My usually cheery home, feels unusually drab for those first weeks of January : ). The lightness and cheer I feel inside, however, will last long after the holiday trappings return to their closets.

Our traditions of Christmas have always been rooted in family and faith.  As hectic as the season gets, I always feel that inner peace approaching.  And every year as I hear the Christmas story read, as I sing the carols with my siblings in the choir, look out at my husband and children, parents, grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, the peace and love is overwhelming.  

I relish the spirit of giving that has been passed down to me and I take pride in passing it down to my children.  Each gift is chosen or crafted with love and care, and the homemade gifts are always treasured.  I have been blessed with such loving and talented family!  I'd like to share a few of my treasures from this Christmas.

These beautiful wooden utensils are waiting for the perfect place to hang in my kitchen, carved by my wonderful sister.

My amazing sister-in-law had made this for my Grandma, this was our second Christmas without her, she gifted one to me and one to my sister.  

And the grand master of all homemade Christmas gifts, a quilt from Grandma!

I got in on the fun as well and the kids and I made some melted crayon art for auntie and I made this for my little sister : )

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, and may your new year be filled with laughter and love.  Each new day is a blessing, here's to

                   MAKING IT COUNT







No comments:

Post a Comment